Monday, June 11, 2012

Estee Lauder - Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex, Eye Saver!


Just before I start, this product deserves all the amazing reviews and hype it gets, I could have ended the post there, but that would be no fun for me or you now would it? I'm just adding my little bit to the vast amount of credit this pot of magic is getting! 


When it comes to skin care (especially around the eyes) choosing the right product is vital, as the skin around your eyes is 4 times thinner, leaving it a lot more sensitive, get the wrong product or have a minor reaction and it could leave you looking like your eyes have individually decided 'do you know what? I'm going to go really red and sore, sting a lot and then just to top it off, look about 10 years older than the rest of my face'


A while back I had been suffering from really sore eyes, the skin around my eyes were really dry and flakey making them really irritated and if I put anything on them they would burn in protest and get worse, I tried leaving it with no make-up nothing but water so no product was getting into them, they calmed down but as soon as I went back to my normal routine it came back, I was not one bit happy, so when I finally put my pride aside I ran straight to my mum for help, dressing table full of temptations and remedies, the majority (3 quarters) of it from Estee Lauder, she suggested Night Repair. I have been brought up with my mum using Night Repair from as young as I can remember, it was always the solution to everything though she was (and still is) very protective over it and I now understand why she is, 1. you don't need to use a lot each time and 2. it's amazing. We came to the conclusion very quickly that normal night repair would be too strong for the eye area and that's when I remembered.. the Eye Recovery Complex! luckily my mum had a mini version of it and I've been using it ever since.


As everything I have tried, it stung (a little) when I first put it on, but soon calmed down, It's like a gel/serum and glides on like a dream, I noticed it's a bit thicker than the Original Night Repair but it doesn't drag on the skin one bit, I'd say the feeling of it is like a smoother version of Vaseline but without the sticky feeling. 


I had been using this religiously day and night for 4 weeks, the improvement was just amazing, before I would feel a real drop in confidence, I couldn't make my make-up sit on it without it looking absolutely terrible, I was feeling really down about it, but the skin around my eyes started to regain its moisture and the lines, creases and flakey skin is so much more visibly reduced I've felt the real me coming back to life and as anyone would be I'm over the moon! everyone is when they discover a (not so) hidden gem! 


For all those Night Repair lovers, this product has all the same effects but just formulated for the eyes, no change in the amazing-ness of the quality, a bit pricey at £35 for 15ml although my 7ml mini-sample pot isn't even 3/4 of the way down and when I say mini, it really is! amazing investment and you're getting the latest top notch technology in skin care. Estee Lauder, you never fail to amaze me.


Thanks for reading!  


Natalie X

0 comments:

Post a Comment